It doesn’t matter if you are competing in a combined driving dressage test, or just going out for a pleasure drive. The half halt is one of the most critical communication devices in carriage driving.
This article will help you understand the half halt, and most importantly, how to explain it to your horse. It also includes a half halt “hack” that few people know about that will make your half halts comes through to your pony loud and clear!
Subjects Covered in Building a Half Halt:
- Defining the Half Halt
- How to use your reins, body, and voice for a half halt.
- Can you use one rein to half halt?
- Defining the half halt for your horse.
- 3 Common mistakes people make with the half halt.
- What you should know about your carriage and harness for this training.
Learn Even More About the Half Halt
This article is included as part of the “Building a Half Halt” online class along with lesson plans based on this teaching. The class includes 6 months of access to a class page that includes downloadable class video with coaching on how to building your own half halt with your horse. Learn more…